• Promote alternatives to militarism and violence as the solution to conflict
• Shift from a military to a civilian based economy, ensuring that human, economic and environmental needs are met
• Clean up environmental effects of nuclear weapons production as well as toxic waste at military facilities and prevent further contamination
• Eliminate testing, production and use of weapons of mass destruction
• Prevent violence against women
• Increase women’s political leadership to further WAND’s goals
Are you concerned about YOUR healthcare? This month we will hear about the potential consequences of politicians’ actions as pertains to women’s healthcare. Planned Parenthood will be there to lead the discussion!
This month, we are welcoming welcome WAND’s national Field Director, Kristina Romines! Come join in the discussion on WAND’s mission at this time of our country’s political divisions and ongoing wars. Bring a dish to share. Bread and drinks provided.
At this month’s Pizza, Peace, & Politics, we will be discussing the role of Independent Media in today’s news. Our speaker will be Pat Ward. Pat is founder and CEO of Arkansas Talks, a statewide, female/minority-owned newspaper, radio & talk show.
The National Priorities Project (NPP) is the only nonprofit, non-partisan federal budget research organization in the nation with the mission to make the federal budget accessible to the American public.