• Promote alternatives to militarism and violence as the solution to conflict
• Shift from a military to a civilian based economy, ensuring that human, economic and environmental needs are met
• Clean up environmental effects of nuclear weapons production as well as toxic waste at military facilities and prevent further contamination
• Eliminate testing, production and use of weapons of mass destruction
• Prevent violence against women
• Increase women’s political leadership to further WAND’s goals
Friday, August 6, 2021 at 6 PM UTC-06 at the Reservoir Park Pavilion. Presented by Arkansas WAND, Arkansas Coalition for Peace and Justice, Arkansas Peace Week, Pax Christi Little Rock and students from Pulaski Academy.
The National Priorities Project (NPP) is the only nonprofit, non-partisan federal budget research organization in the nation with the mission to make the federal budget accessible to the American public.