• Promote alternatives to militarism and violence as the solution to conflict
• Shift from a military to a civilian based economy, ensuring that human, economic and environmental needs are met
• Clean up environmental effects of nuclear weapons production as well as toxic waste at military facilities and prevent further contamination
• Eliminate testing, production and use of weapons of mass destruction
• Prevent violence against women
• Increase women’s political leadership to further WAND’s goals
Meet us at U.S. Pizza in Hillcrest on Tuesday, January 23rd from 6 – 7:30 p.m., 2710 Kavanaugh to hear about an exciting new organization called Emerge Arkansas, affiliated with Emerge America, a training program for Democratic women.
We can work towards our goals this year by electing progressive women to sit at the tables of power. Katherine West, a founder of the Progressive Arkansas Women’s PAC, will tell us how we can help elect those courageous women.
The National Priorities Project (NPP) is the only nonprofit, non-partisan federal budget research organization in the nation with the mission to make the federal budget accessible to the American public.