• Promote alternatives to militarism and violence as the solution to conflict
• Shift from a military to a civilian based economy, ensuring that human, economic and environmental needs are met
• Clean up environmental effects of nuclear weapons production as well as toxic waste at military facilities and prevent further contamination
• Eliminate testing, production and use of weapons of mass destruction
• Prevent violence against women
• Increase women’s political leadership to further WAND’s goals
Jane is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who has worked as a Mental Health Therapist.
As a WAND member for over 10 years, Jane has attended the WAND conference in DC, and lobbied AR Congressional Representatives. Her activism has included serving on the boards of local peace and justice groups.
The National Priorities Project (NPP) is the only nonprofit, non-partisan federal budget research organization in the nation with the mission to make the federal budget accessible to the American public.